Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I didn't have to use my AK... (for tk)

After work, I hung out at Caribou, had a divine mocha and some dinner, and knitted a few rows on the FIL scarf. I think I'm at 215 rows now, but I'm too lazy to go look at my row counter for confirmation.

Then it was time to head over to Roosevelt for my sock knitting class. There were 9 or so people in the class, which was a good number... not too many, so I could get help when I needed it. But, I successfully cast one and knitted 14 rows on a top down sock. The dpns are interesting to get used to, after using circs for so long doing flat knitting. but it's not so bad, and simple socks definitely have the potential to be added to my stable of knitting.

I have the black yarn I originally bought for the FIL scarf, and it's also going to be a FIL scarf. I think I am going to bring it to Knittin' Kitten tomorrow night and start a garter stitch scarf. Having a scarf that's all knit stitches would be good, I think, and I can still work on the Noro FIL scarf at other times.

Sean's on his way to San Francisco tonight from Chicago, and his flight got delayed. At least he was able to get a nonstop outbound. I think he flies through Vegas on the way home (and maybe on a redeye; I think he gets in about the time I'm getting up for work...). And he's in San Diego next week, all week. It's been a while since he had west coast trips.

I'll post a photo of the "sock"... I should do it tonight, but I'm too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment