Monday, March 2, 2009

Wow, it's early!

Sometimes, things manage to work out.

Sean got up to head for the airport this morning, and was going to take the Civic and park it at the airport, and I'd have the loaner car for the week. I'd forgotten to grab a couple of accessories for my gps out of the Civic, and was going to have him just swing them by our front door for me to grab. I ended up walking over to the parking garage with him instead, and am glad I did.

I got into the Audi to pull it in front of the building, and there was no power to the battery. *sigh* So, we got him further downtown so that he could catch a cab to the airport, and I have the Civic parked in front of the building. I don't have jumper cables, which I've needed to fix for a long time, so I'm buying a set of cables and a jump pack for both cars tonight. It's a reasonable investment given the MN winters.

But if I hadn't gone out with him, and hadn't tried to get the Audi out of the garage, I wouldn't have known the battery was dead until I headed out for work, so it all worked out. And now I'm wide awake, and it's just 5 am. I'd like to get to work a little early this morning, though not too early, so I'm going to sit here and knit for the next few minutes.

I didn't knit as much as I'd like over the weekend, but I'm sure I'll catch up this week. My sock knitting classes start tomorrow night, so I'm hoping that goes okay. Sean gave me sock yarn out of his stash, so I'm hopeful to knit a pair of socks for him.

I suspect I'll be in bed early tonight, though, since I woke up at 4 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment