Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is one way to run errands....

I told myself that I would only post to this blog on days where knitting was a part of my day. I haven't knit a stitch on the FIL scarf, but it's been a pretty big day Chez Berry, and I can post something knitting related, so I'm calling it applicable. Warning: this is going to be a photo-heavy blog post.

We started the day at Accent Store Fixtures, where we found lots of trouble that we could get into. We purposefully brought the G35 with us so that we would be limited in space to bring larger things home. I did get a dress form, and we got a bunch of kitchen gadgets. Here's the dress form, wearing the necklace I made in my beading class on Feb 16.







We stopped for lunch at Wendy's, and then we went to National Camera Exchange in Golden Valley, where we found all sorts of ways to get into trouble, and I ended up with a light tent and a cute little speedflash and a 105mm micro lens. Which is beautiful.





After that, we headed to Gratz Sewing where we bought a very nice sewing machine. I don't know how to sew with a machine (and barely know how to sew without one) but I really want to learn. I've been thinking this for a few weeks, but today's excursion was mainly fueled by Becca's post yesterday, where she made the cutest little bag.

So, we bought a sewing machine, and I managed, with Sean's help, to get it threaded, and I made an awkward little rectangle on some scrap fabric. And Sean's making me a quick sewing machine cover until I can make one myself.


With our purchases loaded into the G35, we wandered off to Luther Westside Volkswagen in St. Louis Park. Yesterday, I'd found a couple of promising AWD vehicles listed, and we went to go check them out. Sometime around 5:30 this afternoon, we agreed to trade in the G35, for this:



Her name is Lola, and we're thrilled to welcome her to the family. She's a 2004 brilliant red Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, with 32K miles (that's the mindboggling part, since Audis tend to rack up a lot of miles pretty quickly), and the price was more than reasonable. We couldn't bring her home with us, because she's got a sensor light that needs to be fixed, so the dealership gave us a 2006 black A4 S-line 2.0T until it's ready. We may be able to bring her home on Tuesday, if the planets align, or it might be Friday or Saturday. At any rate, we'll have her next weekend. It's a beautiful car, and now the Infiniti G35 can go find a nice owner somewhere in the southern US, where she belongs. It'll be nice to have a 4-door, and now Scarlett (our 2007 Honda Civic) will have a new sister. Yes, I'm a little dorky about cars, and ours in particular.

Oh, knitting! I played with the light tent and took photos of the FIL scarf. I've knitted 205 rows, and I'm partway through skein #2.



So, it's been a busy day around here. Maybe tomorrow, I can get some actual knitting in on the scarf.





No comments:

Post a Comment