Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Brush with Fame...

I didn't get a chance to watch the 10 pm news on WCCO last night. We went to a fabulous Manhattan Transfer concert at the Dakota Jazz Club.

But I had a reason for wanting to watch the news.

I went to Borealis Yarns for knit nite for the first time last week, and walked in to see a WCCO cameraman and camera. Turns out, one of the regulars at knit nite is Maya Nishikawa, a reporter for WCCO. She was working on a story about Etsy, and they wanted to film part of the piece @ Borealis.

It's a great piece, and if you watch the foreground from about 2:05 to 2:10, you can see my hands working on one of the failed versions of the FIL scarf!

http://wcco.com/video/?id=56099@wcco.dayport.com

Looking forward to knit nite tonight, especially since I have a quite viable start to the scarf, and if I can keep the simple pattern going while I'm sitting there, it'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment