Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Friday; I'm in love...

I'm so glad it's Friday! I mean, it was a short week, even, with Monday off, and a breakfast meeting that ate the whole morning yesterday, and still, I am sitting here thinking, "Is it time to go home yet? How about now? Now???"

But the day will pass, and then I can go home and knit!

I just may have solved my struggles with the father-in-law scarf. I cast-on with the Noro Chirimen again last night and successfully knitted the first 19 rows of Crazy Aunt Purl's Magic Scarf. I am so excited! It's going to be pretty, what with the lovely squares of knit and purl stitches and the stripes of color from the Noro.

I've acquired another project idea. *headdesk* I just got a black aviator jacket at the military surplus store, and the lining is bright orange (reversible, so that if I get lost in the device networking mines, I can turn my jacket inside out for easier rescue!). Which made me think that my Noro Striped Scarf (all in shades of purple & brown) doesn't match (since I made it for my brown coat). So I just need to find one of those Noro colorways with a bright orange or gold in it and black. I don't have a pattern in mind yet.

This weekend, Sean's agreed to help me with the Great Photographic Record of Knitting. He's going to teach me about studio lighting, and then I can take photos of the 2 projects I've completed, all of my stash yarns, my WIP, and my jewelry projects. I'm looking forward to it, as a way to combine my love of photography with my other crafty hobbies.

I plan to spend a fair amount of the weekend knitting furiously on the scarf. :) At this rate, my FIL won't get it till June or something! :)

I don't think we have any big plans for the weekend. I think we need to amass a grocery store and beer run, and I think Sean wants to work on the bike, with which I'd like to help, as needed. And we seem to have a mountain of laundry, which is curious, since I had one day fewer of work this week and haven't worked out as much. But, I guess, since Sean's been home all week, the clothing's piled up over time, instead of him coming home Friday night and emptying his suitcase and immediately throwing it into the washer.

I seem to have twisted my knee somehow, and it's tender. I'm not working out at work today, about which I am sad, but I know when to listen to my body. Maybe I can get in a good chunk of time on the elliptical tomorrow at the Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment