Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Settling In...

I went to knit nite last night at Borealis, and had a great time. I made some nice progress on the FIL scarf, which is a +1 toward my ability to successfully knit while listening to/participating in conversations with groups of people. I'll get a photo of it in the next couple of days to show its progress.

I'm hopeful that the FIL scarf will move quickly, so that I can move on to the next project. I'm not sure what that next project will be. I'd like to use up some of the yarn in my stash, which likely means another scarf, probably with my lovely Malabrigo. I'd like to branch out, and then I remember that I'll be taking a sock knitting class starting next week and crohet classes later in March, which will provide me with my RDA of new things to be learning.

Managed to (again) fail to put my camera in my bag this morning, which is unfortunate, as I could have had a couple of great shots from the parking garage this morning. Should be extra incentive for me to remember it tomorrow.

I'm thinking about setting up a little bit of a photography space in my cozy corner at home. It would be nice to be able to photograph stuff without having to disrupt whatever Sean has going on in his office/studio/shop. It's a thought. I definitely need to make sure we get up earlier this Saturday, so that we can go poke around at Accent Store Fixtures. I'd like to get a jewelry display, and maybe something else to use for photos.

My main project this weekend, however, is going to be clearing off my desk and filing paperwork. I'm bad about filing, and I can sit and sort through papers while watching tv or something. Once my desk is cleared off, I can work on projects on the desk, which is why I have that desk in my space.

I also need to find transparency film. I want to work on my scrapbook for the wedding/honeymoon, and I saved the flowers from my bouquet and dried them. They'll fall apart in the scrapbook by themselves, but I read on the internets that transparency paper/film works well for them. I'd like to get the scrapbook project completed and off my other table, so I just need to figure out where to go. There's a scrapbook store in Bloomington... maybe I can swing by there this weekend too.

I ended up getting a couple of extra nights with Sean this week... he was originally going to Chicago Tuesday, but now he's on an early flight Friday and back Friday night. That's full of awesome and win. Well, except for the 4 am wake-up on Friday. Still, any extra time I get with He Who Is Quite Awesome is appreciated.


I'm looking forward to joining the Knittin' Kitten group tonight. I haven't been to the Spyhouse yet, but I figure a nice cup of tea and some knitting is a nice combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment